As the days get longer and hotter, we want to spend more time outside enjoying it. You can still get a quick full-body workout in to help improve your posture, stabilize your core and aid in fat loss. Prepping for summer is the goal for spring so that you feel good in your body—and that new bathing suit you just ordered. Check out the circuit below to help you achieve these goals and more in as little as 30 minutes a day!
Squat Dumbbell Oblique Raises
- 10x each side.
- Squat while holding the dumbbell to your chest. On the way back up, raise the dumbbell over your head and twist your abdomen.
- Reduces lower-back pain, improves posture and promotes balance.
- 10x each side.
- Lay in your back and extend your legs. Lift your head and shoulders slightly to engage your core, keeping your lower back pressed into the ground. Point your toes and alternate kicking your legs.
- Promotes balance and improves core strength.
Dumbbell Squat and Press
- Hold dumbbells at your shoulders. Squat down. As you come back up, press the dumbbells up over your head.
- Improves core stability and builds strength in legs and hips.
Side Lunge to Overhead Press
- 10x each side
- Use a dumbbell in one hand for each side. Side lunge with the opposite leg. As you return to a standing position, press the dumbbell up over your head with your elbow next to your ear.
- Improves core strength and targets quads, glutes and hamstrings.
Dumbbell Skull Crushers
- Lay on your back. Extend your arms above your chest with elbows shoulder-width apart. Lower dumbbells down towards the crown of your head. Lift back to original position slowly.
- Targets triceps, improves shoulder stability and tones arms.
- Stand with your toes angled outward and your feet over hip-distance apart. Hold a dumbbell or kettlebell at your chest. Press through your heels and keep a straight back to complete the squat.
- Aids in fat loss in the lower body and belly.
Follow the circuit as many times as you can for 30 minutes total.
Need a workout partner or some pointers on your squatting form? Come into a Fitness Connection near you and we are more than happy to help you get into gear before summer arrives. Don’t wait until June to prep for summer, our Summer Bootcamp is already underway. Join our Level Up Challenge or find other classes here.