February is here and it’s the month full of hearts, candy and most importantly—love. With all this time spent showing appreciation for your significant others, pets, family and friends, it’s a good idea to take a break and show love to the person who needs it the most—yourself.
The importance of self-love
As crucial as loving yourself is, it’s more about showing yourself some compassion. Most can attest that we are harder on ourselves than anyone else. This month especially, we should take a look from the outside and begin treating ourselves with more self-compassion. This includes:
- Treat yourself with understanding. Forgive yourself as you easily forgive others.
- Don’t ignore your feelings and emotions. They are all valid and can help you realize what you really want.
- Nourish your mind, body and spirit. Whether that’s through a healthy diet, proper sleep and, of course, exercise.
Show yourself some love
It’s not always easy to appreciate yourself. Many times, we put others first. This month, keep yourself in mind and show how much you care about you with a few tricks:
- Remember all you have accomplished
- You have come so far and have achieved so much. Write it down so you can go back and see what you’ve done!
- Use a gratitude journal
- Write down your accomplishments, motivations and what you are generally thankful for. Pick up one here.
- Treat yourself
- Take time to give yourself a break and do what makes you truly happy. Bath bombs are a great start.
- Talk to yourself
- Give yourself affirmations as often as you need them. You can even pick a mantra for the day and use it as motivation. For example: “My life is a gift and I appreciate everything I have.”
Self-appreciation through exercise
Exercise is one of the best ways to show yourself some love. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins, dopamine and adrenaline to give you a feeling of self-happiness.
Before you start on your journey to self-compassion through exercise, remember one thing: be kind to your body. This will help you greater discover what fitness means to you and how you can accomplish any goal.
Want to know the best exercise to practice self-love? It’s the one YOU get the most enjoyment out of! Yoga, weights, group classes; all are perfect for helping you appreciate yourself more.
A community of love
Another way to help show yourself some self-love is by surrounding yourself with others that build you up. Our group classes, expert trainers and staff are full of individuals who help create a community of support, motivation and compassion. Everyone is welcome, so whenever you’re looking for kindness, stop in and discover how our group can help you find a way to love yourself. Check out our classes.